Saturday 13 April 2013

The Hunt for the perfect Lip Gloss

What defines a lady's face more than her lips. If my face is done up really nice and there is absolutely nothing on my lips....I look like I just walked in from the desert where I had been lost for a number of days. Needless to say  I NEED some product for my lips. So for years I was hooked on this gorgeous Yardley Lipstick that was a sort of nude sort of glossy sort of a plummy color that was actually working together with my skin tone and not battling it, but anyway it was soooo doing the trick for me and I used to get a lot of compliments from the ladies on the color...Golden Spice it was. Yes...lovely lipstick. But then....I spotted a lady who coated her lipstick with this really lovely clear Lip Gloss and I found out they call them 'plumpers' pretty name for a Lip Gloss, asking a lot from it I thought, but it really does that, so if you have really plumpy lips...like mine, moderation is key otherwise you have all sorts of leakage going on then it looks like either you have botoxed or kissed a blowfish, oh yes unfortunately been there done that, saw my reflection and went directly back to the desert for a while :D

So a-hunting I went. Next I started using colour lip glosses and tried several chain store ones including the Avon Lip Glosses that I used for a while. Then I moved onto the Revlon Charlie Range but unfortunately that too I abandoned. You see there was a desired list of criteria that I had developed while chopping and changing between these products, and even though for a while they sufficed, after some time using them began to see more of their flaws in my case and here is what I was looking for.

First and foremost was 'stickability' which meant that when I applied I didn't want it disappearing on me after one smack of the lips or one sip of coffee and it was all over the cup and not on my lips. Secondly was 'non gooey-ness' which meant that although I wanted a long lasting Gloss I did not want something where you parted you lips and it looked like I was really in the desert for all the stringy-ness. Yes, it's not at all pretty. Then was color, now the plumper is perfect if your lips are even toned or over a lipstick but on its own I needed a color that would suit me and I wanted nude because I am really loving the smokey eye right now. And that was the real challenge...finding the perfect colour with all the above-mentioned attributes.

So now have figured out that what some do is apply their concealer and go over their lips and apply Gloss over them for that even colored look. But right now, in my hunt, I have found a lovely Gloss from Clinique called Long Lasting Lip Gloss, it's got a lovely texture, lovely moisturizer and it also comes in the perfect nude shade for me... :)

One major thing I learned though is that for all it's stickability to my lips, when I kiss Hubby good-bye, it's just as tenacious on his lips...so now if I want the goodbye kiss where there is no scrubbing and scouring going on for poor Hubby's lips, can't let the lovely man suffer so, it's first desert time, then gloss time. But that I think I might just prefer for then ;D 

Right now I am stuck on Clinique but who knows...the hunt may continue!






No comments: