Wednesday 10 April 2013

Bling Bling Nails.

Isn't it strange that when you have a really gorgeous outfit on and the heels to match, every hair in place and you still feel like you are lacking something...kind of like if you have one earring on or forgot to brush your hair or didn't put on any lipgloss, so love it more than lipstick...at the moment (just saying) :D but it's that moment when you are double checking everything and you can't put your finger on what's missing until you have to wave your hands around and the nails catch the sunlight juuuust so and every little bitty crack and unevenness is revealed. Aha! (lightbulb mo) it's the nails or should I say lack thereof...cos mine are shorter than short. And if you are moving among ladies that have the sense to take a few hours and get that elusive but lovely object called a manicure...yippee Kai yay! But if not...then begins my meager attempts to attract as litttttle attention as possible to the little guys. Like...offering money to the teller between my knuckles, HOW COOL AM I?! Or folding, my hands in my lap, because I am just sooo proper,yes I am...!

So I got to thinking that this hide-away scheme of mine doesn't always work and I was now wondering what could be done in a real hurry to get them looking fab. Well aside from getting a proper set of gel overlays or acrylic nails done. I decided that since my available time is mainly at night...I was gonna do my own nails. So armed with an acrylic brush and all the goodies hubby supplied for me...he's just lovely yes?...I proceeded to educate myself with doing my own acrylic nails. I googled every possible wording to find out 'how to' and then came the practicals...needless to say my first set was outright depressing. They looked like they had been dipped in candlewax and then began the laborious task of getting said candle wax off. Not a good time had by yours truly :( but through persistence, courage, ambition, a go-getting attitude and most important of all the absolute desperation that if I do not get this right the kiddies are going to get terrified at the sight of Mummy's mangled nails plus I'd probably scratch a little person with what I had on...I just had to persevere. And persevering it surely was because it took immense trial and error to get them looking salon quality...of course this could all have been avoided should I have just done a course or two but anyway I managed to DIY it through after mostly a few years.

And now if there is a serious function taking place where Madames nails need to be just right...I go down to the pharmacy and no matter what Brittany from 'The Chipmunks - Chipwrecked' says I just march down that aisle and go get me a pack of press-on nails that look just like a gorgeous French manicure with diamanté to boot and I slap on those bad boys and in half an hour can flip and wave with the best of them. Ps...they really work too, done well enough they last quite long and nobody is any the wiser...shhh....! My quick fix solution :)


No comments: