Tuesday 30 April 2013

Ear-piercing, ground-shaking jubilant scream.

Have you ever answered the phone and was rewarded with an ear-piercing, ground-shaking, window-shattering, milk-curdling, hair-curling jubilant scream. The kind when you know it's not anything bad but bad for you because hearing will only restore in that particular ear after hours if not days. Welllll....that is what poor Hubby got on one distractedly fine day. The reason for the joy was because I had applied to a website to join the writers team and was accepted...ergo my ecstatic call to Hubby, and on his gentle "Hello?" I LET LOOSE! 

Anyway what happened was, I had emailed my details, awaited the reply email and got the  acceptance email and that was that. I only wanted to share the news once I knew what the results were and after I received the acceptance and called him I was just about ready to burst with rainbows and stars and glitter and...and...all things nice!

So there I was just letting the scream permeate the cellular network ready to bust at the seams and explained further by letting him know the process of the emails going between us and how I was accepted and then I let go with another spine-stiffening, dog-howling scream. And then I panted and waited for him to join in the happiness...and dear Hubby was like..."Oh...I saw the emails and did you see the most recent one?" He asks. And I am like 'pffftt...yes I did! Which one was that again?" 

Hubby was a leg up on me...because he had seen the most recent, recent email where the editor had seen this blog and mentioned it. So there we go...

And now writing for this blog I have included it here, it is of a more serious note that I have written beyond this blog. It is a news website on www.newsblaze.com and the story I wrote is on the following link http://newsblaze.com/story/20130430074917gege.nb/topstory.html


Please let me know if there are at all any comments, I would sincerely love to hear them. Once again...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhieeeeee!

No comments: