Tuesday 2 April 2013

My high heels

High heels are one item that are always guaranteed to make one look sophisticated, stylish, gorgeous and in my case masterfully taller. Always a plus if your younger sister is a couple of inches taller than  you. Smile Clare:) Anyway...so lovely Hubby just bought me a smashing pair of high heels in sort of a patent leather finish...just so prettttty! And I decided that to walk around in these things was going to take a bit of finesse so I thought that a practice run around the house couldn't hurt much. Hi Hubby! Don't mind me, just traipsing around the kitchen in my patent high heels with worn out faded pajamas on, sporting a hairdo that looks like something resembling a lovely bird's nest I believe! ;D So I am getting pretty attached to said shoes and marveling at the way they look...and a thought pops in my head of me running after a bouncy four year and two year old respectively. I am calmly thinking...could I dash after said little ones at the drop of a coin, and I am like...'Definitely couuulld!' Could I cross the street in these fashion statement 'I am not left' behind shoes holding firmly onto strong little hands just waiting to break free....'For sure!' And then...I had to leave the generously carpeted area of the house for that ever elusive tiled area of the wonderful, easy to clean, tiled kitchen floor...and what do you think happened? Yupp...btw...did you know as a point of interest walking on a carpeted floor in high heeled shoes is vastly different than walking on a tiled surface? And there behold came the final chop and that is that these admirable pair of shoes with their no grip soles and heels, because of course they wouldn't be really grippy shoes, they were not invented for hiking various kinds of  terrains or designed to withstand all kinds of weather conditions and all sort of animal life trying to bite brought your shoes like a pair of hiking boots, so intelligently noted that  'hey....these feel abit dangerous on a tiled floor!' so a cautious strut and a quick look in the microwave door reflection reveals what I am ashamed to say, when a crouch like stance and a toe gripping is going on just so one can maneuver around on the tiles without slipping occurs it so looks like I can't walk in these fashion stalwarts, so back straight, head high I come to hinting of a solution...and what comes to mind is a lovely tape they put on slippery tiles at the mall so shoppers don't slip on the dangerously glossy tiles, and no...ahem...I was not thinking of hiring a construction crew to regally walk before me everywhere I go just to place a walkway of taped tiles before me as the proverbial red carpet, but that would be nice, no, ahem , I was thinking of hunting down a roll of this MAGNIFICENT tape and shedding both my soles and the heels of my hubby-bought-patent-looking-just-lovely heels and here's hoping that that will help me strut my stuff. PS. If you see me strutting, please act like you never read this and just admire my pretty shoes and totally ignore how this wearer walks in them. Here's to happy hunting for that ground-breaking-trail -blazing tape! :D

No comments: